Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Ache...But Have Hope


This morning as I was getting breakfast ready I heard the little neighbor girl screaming. As I looked out the window I saw her older brother beating her with some kind of rope or switch. For what reason? I do not know. I stood frozen wanting to go save this girl from her ruthless brother.  I didn't go. I didn't stop him. But why? I don't know how to act in a culture where these type of beatings are normal.  Had I stepped in I could have cause some serious trouble in this place that could possibly get me or my children hurt. What do I do?  I Ache...praying for Jesus' return.

Over the past few moths I have been talking with a young woman who struggles with anorexia. She is a beautiful young woman, smart, fun and has a servant's heart, however she does not see the beauty she is in Christ, which far surpasses the worldly junk shoved in her face. I cannot wrap my head around why us women try so hard to attain a beauty that is in vain. Why? If we see ourselves as completely whole in Him we would care less about beauty and care more about our life in Christ. I fall for this same type of lie! How is my worth somehow measured by my beauty? When it is spelled out like that it sounds absurd! This young woman tried to reach this 'skinny' goal that almost cost her life. By God's grace she is recovering and clinging to Him tonight. I Ache...Jesus please come. 

As I was reading in 1 Corinthians  today I read the part when Jesus said, "but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong."  We are strong in the Christ. We appear weak in the World's eyes but not in God's. Our strength comes from God's Word, something the World sees as foolish.  He can use us to love the hurting, encourage the weary and serve selflessly.  He can use us to be examples to other Believers struggling with worldly ideals. He can use us to choose the unpopular decisions in this selfish world. We are the example. We need to live it out! 

  This week, I have been humbled by many simple prayers God has answered in the way I desired them to be answered. And through this I have come to understand His deep care for me and my simple prayers for those around me. I felt the Lord tugging at me to write something to make you stop and think AND encourage you today. He knows your NAME..He formed your body perfectly...He knows your struggles and CARES!  We, as Believers have hope in the Lord as we try to live in this world. I can't imagine not having that hope of eternity with Him. 

  As I was on a run awhile ago the Lord showed me something in the way of my shadow. As I turned onto the dirt road that leads to our home, immediately my shadow fell right in front of me. As I ran I watched my shadow.  I took a step to the left, my shadow stepped with me.  I stepped to the right, my shadow followed immediately. I ran straight ahead and my shadow stayed straight ahead of me... My prayer is I shadow God as He leads me in this life. Stepping to the right and the left as He leads. If I do so, my 'race of life' will be unwavering and complete, the only thing worth desiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment